Wednesday, November 09, 2005

NAFB Convention: Foundation Luncheon

The NAFB convention is "officially" underway with the NAFB Foundation Scholarship Luncheon kicking things off. The Foundation awarded 3 scholarship to students who are pursuing careers in agriculture communications. Our own Andrew McCrea (The American Countryside) served as emcee for the event. Taylor Brown (Northern Ag Network), NAFB Foundation Chair, always does a great job promoting what the foundation does and the quality of students that are involved in the program.
I always enjoy this luncheon at convention. While I wasn't a scholarship winner myself, I've had the chance to interact with several of the recipients these past 13 years in the business. Several of them have come from the Show-Me State and I've been luck enough to work with several when they were broadcast interns at the
National FFA convention. Here are as a few that come to mind (and where they're at now). It's encouraging to me to see the energy they have and how they are still involved in the business today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home