Monday, November 07, 2005

Happy Birthday, Dad


Today is my Dad's birthday.

A lot of times someone will ask me, "How old is your dad, anyway?" I usually like to have them guess, because I don't think he looks his age. No one has ever overestimated his years; I hope the genetics of young looks is something I inherit from Dad.

Dad has always been there for me...whether it was helping to gather up the supplies for a demonstration on hog bedding or every football game I dressed out for in high school. I've enjoyed the opportunity to get to know him better through the years. We've had the chance to spend time together on the road, working around the house on fix-up projects, in the tractor or combine cab or across the table from each other. The stories that he's told are priceless to me...from his adventures as a youth growing up in Hopkins to serving in the US Army during the Korean War. I enjoy his company and feel like something is "missing" if we don't catch up with each other every few days on the phone. He's a wonderful Dad to me and a great Grandpa to our children.

The picture above is of from November of 2003. That's Dad & Mom with me in the middle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home